- Were you looking for the Trinkets slot that is one of the Equipment slots?
Trinket refers to a type of armor worn in the trinket equipment slot. Trinkets are also called devices, gadgets and other references.
Trinkets are itemized unlike any other type of armor. Whereas most high level armor will give moderate bonuses to four or five of the seven or eight stats useful to your particular class, a trinket will generally provide very large bonuses to just two stats. Typically, one bonus will be a flat always-on bonus, and the other will either be a use effect (that you must activate) or a proc (which will occasionally activate whenever you attack or are hit).
In a PvP context, "to trinket" refers to using a PvP trinket.
- A character can have up to 2 of these items equipped at a time.
- Virtually no trinkets are available before about level 50. Exceptions include PvP trinkets and heirlooms, as well as some BoP crafted items.
- With rare exceptions, trinkets are obtained as quest rewards, as boss drops, through your professions, as PvP rewards or by purchasing with emblems. They are almost never available on the Auction House.
- Engineers can make several different kinds of trinkets, but most can only be used by other engineers.
- Alchemists can make several blue-quality trinkets at 400 skill, as well as the Philosopher's Stone, which is necessary for transmutations.
- The only trinket Enchanters can make is Smoking Heart of the Mountain.
- Jewelcrafters can make several trinkets, known as figurines, though all bind on pickup so crafters can only make trinkets for their own use.
- Only blacksmiths can obtain the quest trinket, Signet of Expertise.
- There are many class-specific trinkets, such as the hunter's and and the Zul'Gurub trinkets. There are none in content, however.
- Trinkets are normally taken into very different consideration than weapons and armor, as very few have actual stats on them. Instead, they often carry passive effects or can be used to produce a unique effect for a brief period with a cooldown between uses. Trinkets are often very situational, and a good player will often carry around many of them.
- After equipping a trinket, there is a 30-second delay before it can be used and any passive effect will start after the hidden internal cooldown, if any.
- Using a trinket often activates a shared cooldown on trinkets with similar effects.
- Using a trinket does not activate the Global Cooldown.
- Trinkets cannot be equipped when in combat.
- Trinkets in an action bar have a green border when equipped.
- DPS classes will almost always want to have a macro that activates all of their on-use trinkets at once, as well as temporary damage-boosting abilities like or .
Tier 5 Class Trinkets
- Earring of Soulful Meditation
- Fathom-Brooch of the Tidewalker
- Living Root of the Wildheart
- Serpent-Coil Braid
- Solarian's Sapphire
- Tome of Fiery Redemption
- Void Star Talisman
- Warp-Spring Coil
- Orb of Deception
- Piccolo of the Flaming Fire
- Nifty Stopwatch
- Six Demon Bag
- Cannonball Runner
- Time-Lost Figurine
- Tiny Voodoo Mask
- Insignia of the Alliance
- Medallion of the Alliance (rare)
- Medallion of the Alliance (epic)
- Medallion of the Alliance (level 80)
- Medallion of the Alliance (item level 264)
- Medallion of the Horde (rare)
- Medallion of the Horde (epic)
- Medallion of the Horde (level 80)
- Medallion of the Horde (level 80, rating)
- Talisman of Arathor (level 28)
- Talisman of Arathor (level 38)
- Talisman of Arathor (level 48)
- Talisman of Arathor (level 58)
- Rune of Duty (level 20)
- Rune of Duty (level 40)
- Rune of Perfection (level 20)
- Rune of Perfection (level 40)
- Stormpike Insignia Rank 1
- Stormpike Insignia Rank 2
- Stormpike Insignia Rank 3
- Stormpike Insignia Rank 4
- Stormpike Insignia Rank 5
- Stormpike Insignia Rank 6
- Frostwolf Insignia Rank 1
- Frostwolf Insignia Rank 2
- Frostwolf Insignia Rank 3
- Frostwolf Insignia Rank 4
- Frostwolf Insignia Rank 5
- Frostwolf Insignia Rank 6
Gurubashi Arena rewards:
- Arena Master
- Arena Grand Master (quest)
Heart of Hakkar reward:
- Zandalarian Hero Badge
- Zandalarian Hero Charm
- Zandalarian Hero Medallion
- Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon
- Darkmoon Card: Heroism
- Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom
- Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether
- Darkmoon Card: Crusade
- Darkmoon Card: Madness
- Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
- Darkmoon Card: Wrath
- Darkmoon Card: Berserker!
- Darkmoon Card: Greatness
- Darkmoon Card: Illusion
- Darkmoon Card: Death
Rend's Head quest:
- Blackhand's Breadth
- Mark of Tyranny
- Mindtap Talisman
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Druid)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Hunter)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Mage)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Paladin)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Priest)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Rogue)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Shaman)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Warlock)
- Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas (Warrior)
- Counterattack Lodestone
- Hand of Justice
- Force of Will
- Vanquished Tentacle of C'Thun
- Slayer's Crest
Other Notable Epic Trinkets:
- Onyxia Blood Talisman
- Talisman of Ephemeral Power
- Defender of the Timbermaw
- Memento of Tyrande
- The Skull of Gul'dan
Riding speed trinkets:
Trinkets with Healing Capabilities
- Ankh of Life
- Minor Recombobulator
- Collecting Trinkets