Vanilla WoW Wiki
Advertisement
Shadowform
Spell shadow shadowform.png
  • Shadowform
  • 2 sec cooldown
  • 13% of base mana
  • Instant cast
  • Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.
Usable by
ClassPriest
Properties
TypeOffensive
SchoolShadow
Cooldown2 sec
Talents
TalentedYes
Talent treeShadow, Tier 3
Other information
Ranks1
Related buff
Spell shadow shadowform.png
  • Shadowform
  • Shadow damage you deal increased by 15%. All damage you take reduced by 15%.
"I draw deep from the shadows to slake my thirst for power. I'm never thirsty for long."[1]

Shadowform is a priest buff that can be acquired from the Shadow Magic talent tree. While active, it increases Shadow damage dealt by 15% and reduces all damage taken by 15%.

Notes

Shadowform does not lock the Holy school, but only the Holy tree. That is the reason why Holy spells from the Discipline tree, such as Power Word: Shield, can still be cast without removing Shadowform. However, as of Patch 2.3, if you are in Shadowform and try to use an ability that may not be used while in Shadowform, you will leave it and use that ability. This function can be disabled with the command: /console autoUnshift 0

The character looks translucent black while in Shadowform. While mounted, the priest's mount also gains this appearance.

Unlike Darkness, Shadowform does affect Shadow spells from the Discipline tree (e.g. Mana Burn) and shadow-elemental wands.

Normally a Priest who uses this spell is considered a Shadow Priest.

Talent improvement

  • Shadow Affinity, reduces threat of your Shadow spells by 8/16/25%. This stacks with Shadowform's 30% reduction when a caster assumes this form, totaling 55%.
  • Shadow Focus reduces the mana cost of all Shadow based spells by 2/4/6%, including Shadowform.
  • Mental Agility reduces the mana cost of all instant-cast Priest spells, including Shadowform, by 3/6/10%.

In the World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game.

Glyph improvement

  • Glyph of Shadow - While in Shadowform, your non-periodic spell critical strikes increase your spell power by 30% of your Spirit for 10 sec.

Tips and tactics

Shadowform's damage reduction is before the damage reduction.of Armor. If a melee blow would land for 1000 damage on an unarmored opponent, shadowform would reduce it to 850 before armor reduction is calculated. Shadowform does not *stack* with armor. See field tests here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4463777931&sid=1&pageNo=2.

Known bugs

Look-altering actions that take place while shadowformed (such as being poisoned or diseased) will alter the look until Shadowform is dropped and reassumed.

Patch changes

  • Template:Patch 4.0.1
  • Template:Patch 3.3.0
  • Template:Patch 3.1.0
  • Template:Patch 3.0.8
  • Template:Patch 3.0.8
  • Template:Patch 2.1.0
  • Patch 1.7.0 (patch date:2005-09-22): Switching to Shadowform no longer cancels Holy buffs on a priest. 
  • Patch 1.6.0 (patch date:2005-07-12): Changed so all spells except Holy can be cast rather than only Shadow and Discipline spells. Tooltip updated. This fixes several bugs that prevented various actions (creating tradeskill items, mining, summoning a mount, using a hearthstone and many more). 
  • Patch 1.3.0 (patch date:2005-03-07): Priests can now use scrolls and the Heart of Noxxion while in Shadowform. 

References

External links


Advertisement