Rapid Fire is a hunter ability that gives the hunter increased ranged attack speed. It also reduces the "casting" time of Steady Shot. By allowing you to shoot faster, it significantly increases the damage you can do for a short period of time, and effective use of the ability is central to hunter DPS in groups.
|1||26||3% of base mana||5 minutes||63|
- Rapid Killing reduces the cooldown by 1 minute per rank, down to 3 minutes. The Striker's Garb 5-piece set bonus also reduces the cooldown to 3 minutes. These effects do not stack.
- Glyph of Rapid Fire improves the attack speed increase granted by Rapid Fire.
- Rapid Recuperation causes you to regain up to 20% of your maximum mana every time you use Rapid Fire.
Rapid Fire does not affect the channeling speed of Volley. While other haste effects will increase the rate at which Volley rains down bullets or arrows, Rapid Fire does not have any effect on the ability.
Tips and tactics
- With two points in Rapid Killing, Rapid Fire's cooldown is reduced to that of Readiness. This means that you can use Rapid Fire, then use Readiness to reset the cooldown, then use Rapid Fire again immediately after effect wears off. Doing this will allow you to use Rapid Fire twice in a row, for a total of 30 seconds of increased attack speed every three minutes.
- Using Bestial Wrath, Call of the Wild and any trinkets or other effects which increase your damage, attack power, armor penetration or critical strike chance together with Rapid Fire will allow you to shoot faster while dealing more damage with each shot. This will result in higher total damage done than if you had used these effects separately.