|Improved Psychic Scream, Shadow Focus, Shadow Affinity|
- Psychic Scream
- 15% of base mana
- Instant cast
- The caster lets out a psychic scream, causing X enemies within 8 yards to flee for 8 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
- "You say 'scream' … I say 'serenade'."
Psychic Scream is a priest spell that causes nearby enemies to run away in fear. There is a chance to resist it that increases as the enemy becomes higher level than the caster. This resistance becomes important when you depend on psychic scream to escape combat and psychic scream fails. Be careful when using it to not have fleeing enemies wake up additional mobs on their return. Combined with Mind Flay you can tie enemies to you so they don't have the ability to run further than 20 yards and escape to aggro other mobs. Mind Flay also counts as a dot and has a reduced chance of breaking the fear.
Talents and spells
- Arena Reward, Season 3: or
- Arena Reward, Season 4: or
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "Mana Burn now causes Fear, Hex and Psychic Scream to break early when used."
- Template:Patch 3.1.0
- Template:Patch 3.0.2
- Patch 1.12.0 (patch date:2006-08-22): This spell now uses the same resistance checks as the Warlock spell Fear.
- Patch 1.8.0 (patch date:2005-10-10): Updated tooltip to reflect that damage caused to the feared target may break the effect. Included radius in tooltip.
- Template:Patch 0.9