|Release date (US)||2 August 2005|
|Highlights & notes|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Patch 1.6.0||Patch 1.7.0|
|Patches • Patch mirrors • Patches category|
World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.6.1
- Spell casting is no longer interrupted when leaving combat.
- Improved Shield Block - Fixed a bug where Rank 3 of the talent was not granting the extra block.
- Bloodthirst - Damage bonus increased to 40% of attack power.
- The Oil of Immolation effect is no longer affected by bonuses to spell damage from items.
Raids & Dungeons
- Several encounters in Blackwing Lair now cause the front gate to close, preventing players from zoning out or joining an in-progress battle.
- The Razorgore encounter has been changed slightly to make it less "random". The spawning should be more consistent throughout the fight.
- The timer for Vaelastrasz the Corrupt is now more persistent. You can no longer reset the one-hour time limit for beating him by leaving the instance. Also, Vaelastrasz the Corrupt will not respawn for 12 hours if he has not been beaten when the timer expires.
- The drakes in Blackwing Lair will no longer leave the lab.
- Lowered experience values for Creeping Sludge.
- Increased the maximum number of sounds which can be played simultaneously. This will fix problems where some sounds could be dropped in very busy situations.
- Fixed WoW Error Reporter so that it doesn't crash under Mac OS X 10.4 when trying to send an error report.
- Worked around an issue where you would lose your Expose/Dashboard preferences if you crashed or asserted while in fullscreen mode on Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed the "blockWidth", "srec", and "bitnum < m_numBits" assertions bugs that would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug involving corpses near the player that could result in a crash ("BusError").