Mage Armor is a self-only buff that improves your resistance to all magical schools and allows you to regenerate 3% of your total mana every 5 second. (Without this spell, you regenerate much less mana while in combat (See Five second rule.) Lasts 30 min.
In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 35% when Mage Armor is active.
It provides X resistance to all magic at level 60.
Tips and tactics
- This is very handy in groups and on raids when you're not being hit, but your ability to keep fighting over a long period of time is important.
- Unlike Frost Armor and Ice Armor, this will not snare or slow your attackers, so don't leave this up when running through a dangerous area.
- In PvP the 35% debuff time reduction can be a life-saver, especially when facing Warlocks, since a great deal of their damage comes from damage over time effects and dispellable curses.
- Template:Patch 4.0.6
- Template:Patch 4.0.1
- Template:Patch 3.1.0
- Patch 1.5.0 (patch date:2005-06-07): Now has a new, unique icon.
- Patch 1.3.0 (patch date:2005-03-07): Added.