Hybrid races, hybrid creatures or hybrids are creatures that resemble two different species (though sometimes more) put together. Azeroth has many of such races. While all half-breeds are hybrids, it is unlikely that most hybrid races formed through the coupling of their parent races. Half-breed races are true hybrid races.
The magnataur are considered unique among the hybrid races for many reasons, including their large size. While they obviously resemble centaur, dryads and other hybrid races, they do not appear to be descendants of Cenarius.
Compare with demi-human and near-human.
- Centaur - horse/human
- Dragonspawn - reptile/dragon/human
- Drakonid - humanoid/dragon; Possibly half human.
- Satyr - goat/lion/night elf
- Keeper of the grove - night elf/stag
- Dryad - night elf/faun
- Magnataur - wooly mammoth/human
- Murloc - fish/human
- Nerubian - arachnid
- Frost nymph - nymph?/faun/dryad
- Tauren - bull/human
- Taunka - bison
- Tuskarr - walrus/human
- Naga - night elf/serpent
- Stick bug - stick bug
- Quilboar - boar/pig/human
- Furbolg - bear
- Pandaren - human/panda bear
- Makrura - lobster/crayfish/human
- Hippogryph - raven/stag
- Gryphon - lion/eagle
- Worgen - dire wolf/wolf/human, described as half-man, half-wolf (although this is likely figurative, and not a sign of being a true hybrid)
- Gnoll - hyena/wild dog
- Kobold - rat
- Wolvar - wolverine
- Harpy - vulture/night elf(literally a true hybrid between harpies and other intelligent races).
- Arakkoa - bird
- Owlbear/wildkin/moonkin/owlbeast - owl/bear
- Werewolf - human (or other species)/wolf
- Half-ogre/mok'nathal - orc/ogre (literally a true orc/ogre hybrid)
- Qiraji - insect