|Ancestral Awakening, Ancestral Healing, Blessing of the Eternals, Healing Focus, Healing Grace, Healing Way, Improved Healing Wave, Improved Water Shield, Purification, Thundering Strikes, Tidal Focus, Tidal Mastery, Tidal Waves|
- Power over the elements is power over creation itself.
Healing Wave is the first healing spell that a Shaman starts with. It is a shaman's most powerful single-target heal, and in most cases, it is also the most mana efficient.
- Healing Wave is the biggest heal in the shaman's arsenal, and also the most mana efficient single target heal. The long casting time makes it somewhat unwieldy to use, but it provides a very large amount of instant healing when used in combination with or .
- The casting time of Healing Wave starts out at 1.5 seconds and then increases with each rank up to level 18, where it reaches the final casting time of 3.0 seconds. At level 20, the spell is complemented by , which has a 1.5 second casting time regardless of rank.
- increases the amount healed by 25%.
- increases the amount healed by 10%.
- increases the amount healed by up to 15% of your Intellect.
- increases the amount healed by up to 20% of your spell power.
Critical Strike Chance
- When activated, increases its critical strike chance by 60%, which is reduced by 20% each time you get a critical strike.
- increases the critical strike chance by up to 5%.
- increases the critical strike chance by up to 4%.
- from the Enhancement tree increases the critical strike chance by up to 5%.
- reduces the mana cost by up to 5%.
- returns mana up to 100% of the time when it critically strikes.
- from the Enhancement tree reduces the mana cost by 40% after getting a critical strike with any Fire, Frost, or Nature spell.
- Glyph of Healing Wave heals the caster for 20% of the amount healed when casting it on someone else.
- causes it to temporarily increase the target's armor when it critically strikes.
- heals a second target for 30% of the amount healed when it critically strikes.
Tips and tactics
- Combine with for a powerful instant heal.
- The large amount healed and the relatively slow casting time means that it is often useful to begin casting Healing Wave on a target that is taking damage before the target needs the full amount of healing done as the target will continue to take damage while you cast the spell. It can even be situationally useful to begin casting the spell on a target that has not yet taken any damage if you expect them to take a lot of damage during the next few seconds. If the heal turns out to be unnecessary, you can simply stopcast the spell before it finishes.
- Template:Patch 4.0.1
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "The Thunderfall Totem will no longer increase the casting time of Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave when Tidal Waves is active. "
- Template:Patch 1.10
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.