|Improved Expose Armor|
This ability is only really beneficial in fights that will last the 30 second duration, and with multiple melee characters engaged against the target.
- Improved Expose Armor Gives a 50%/100% chance to refund all combo points used when performing your Expose Armor ability.
Tips and tactics for the prior version
- Expose Armor increases melee damage against the target. This damage increase is proportionally greater if the target has lower armor to start with. See damage reduction and Sunder Armor notes for more info.
- However, targets with high damage reduction due to armor get proportionally more damage for each % of mitigation lost. For this reason this ability is not as useless against these targets as one might think. For example, someone with 4000 armor points at level 70 would take roughly 16% extra damage after a full expose armor, while it would be nearly 9% for 15000 (about 27% and 14% with Improved Expose Armor). Note that it lasts longer than Slice and Dice, so it may be preferred depending on the target's armor, the expected duration of the combat and the number of attackers.
- Do not use this ability in a group where a warrior is tanking. He will NOT be able to use his Sunder Armor ability at all (he'll get a "more powerful spell in effect" error message). Sunder Armor is a primary threat move for a tanking warrior, so this is a very bad thing.
- By using Gouge and switching to a slow weapon, it's possible to gouge and expose the armor of a target without breaking the incapacitating effect. Just be sure to stop the auto-attack after you expose.