- "When the shadows are through with you, there will be nothing left, not even your bones."
—Deacon Markus Hallow
Devouring Plague is a Shadow-based Life Drain Damage over Time spell, which heals the caster for 15% of the damage done.
Shadow tree talents:
- , increases the Shadow based damage by 2/4/6/8/10%.
- , reduces threat by 8/16/25%.
- , increases chance to hit by 1/2/3% and reduces the mana cost by 2/4/6%.
- , increases the range by 10/20%.
- Passive: , is a Shadow damage incremental buff. Damage is increased by 2/4/6/8/10% (note: Instant cast spells cannot apply this debuff).
- Passive: , if a target is afflicted with this spell, Devouring Plague will additionaly heal the Priest for 15/20/25% of damage done ( included). Total healing received is 30/35/40% of damage done.
- , increases the critical strike chance of periodic ticks by 3/6%.
- , increases periodic damage by 5/10/15% and adds a direct damage effect for 10/20/30% of the total periodic damage, for a net damage increase of 15.5/32/49.5%.
- , increases the damage done by 15%, and reduces threat by 30%, and gives Devouring Plague (among other DoTs) to have a 100% increased critical strike damage bonus.
- , increases chance to hit by 1/2/3% (triggered by Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Mind Flay)
Discipline tree talents:
- , increases the healing and damage done by 1/2/3/4/5% by all instant cast spells.
- , reduces dispel chance by 10/20/30%.
- , reduces the mana cost of all instant casts by 3/6/10%.
Tips and Tactics
- If you are Shadow specced, you can deal an immense amount of damage with just Shadow Word: Pain and Devouring Plague.
- As a disease, Devouring Plague cannot be dispelled by a Warlock's felhunter, which makes it an interesting option in duels..
- It will do extra healing if you buff Vampiric Embrace.
- It is worth mentioning that this spell is classified as a Disease, not as a magical debuff.
- Template:Patch 3.2.0
- Template:Patch 3.1.0
- Template:Patch 3.0.2
- Patch 1.8.0 (patch date:2005-10-10): Will now properly consume the Inner Focus effect when cast.
- Patch 1.6.0 (patch date:2005-07-12): Health leech effects no longer give you health while you are a ghost.
Template:Priest racial abilities