|Ancestral Healing, Blessing of the Eternals, Healing Focus, Healing Grace, Improved Chain Heal, Nature's Blessing, Nature's Swiftness, Purification, Thundering Strikes, Tidal Force, Tidal Mastery, Tidal Focus, Tidal Waves|
Chain Heal is a multi-target healing spell that can heal up to three targets. It works similarly to Chain Lightning in that each target in the 'chain' is healed for less than the one before. It is very mana efficient and is often seen as the trademark healing spell of Restoration shamans.
Chain Heal is a 'smart' heal and always jumps to the eligible target with the largest hit points deficit in range. The bounce radius is 12.5 yards. Since the target are linked into a chain, the third target must be in range of the second target but does not have to be within range of the first target. The chain cannot jump back to heal the same target more than once. For each jump the healing done is reduced by 40%, meaning that the initial target gets healed for 100%, the second gets 60%, and the third gets 36%.
Chain Heal has a separate chance to crit on each target. The spell also has a separate chance to apply Earthliving on each target, and can potentially apply Earthliving to all three targets affected, greatly increasing the healing done by the spell.
- Ancestral Healing causes the spell to reduce physical damage (9% on max rank) taken by any target it crits on.
- Tidal Focus reduces the mana cost by 5% when fully talented.
- Healing Focus reduces the chance of interruption by receiving damage while casting .
- When activated, Tidal Force increases its critical effect chance by 60%, lessened by 20% each time you have a critical effect. Tidal Mastery, Blessing of the Eternals and Thundering Strikes each increase your passive critical effect chance for Chain Heal.
- Healing Grace reduces the threat caused by the spell by 15%. This can be a vital talent to invest in because Chain Heal can generate a lot of threat with its multi-target healing.
- Nature's Swiftness can turn it into an instant cast spell, allowing you to save a lot of endangered party members in a moment's notice.
- Purification increases the healing done by the spell by 10%. Improved Chain Heal increases the healing done by a further 10-20%. Nature's Blessing increases this by 5-15% of your Intellect.
- Tidal Waves causes Chain Heal to decrease the casting time of your next two Lesser Healing Wave or Healing Wave spells if cast within 15 seconds.
- Glyph of Chain Heal lets the spell heal 1 additional target.
Tips and tactics
Chain Heal is a very mana efficient spell, and does not need all three targets to be more mana efficient than single target heals. If two nearby targets both need healing, Chain Heal is usually the most mana efficient spell to use.
This ability is a Smart Spell.
Healing % per jump
Non glyphed total 196% (100+60+36)
Glyphed total 217.6% (100+60+36+21.6)
- Template:Patch 3.2.0
- Template:Patch 3.0.2
- Patch 1.6.0 (patch date:2005-07-12): Chain spells cast on PvP targets by an unflagged Shaman will now properly bounce to other PvP targets.