|Talent tree||Marksmanship, Tier 3|
|Barrage, Efficiency, Focused Aim, Hawk Eye, Improved Barrage, Lethal Shots, Piercing Shots, Marked for Death, Master Marksman, Mortal Shots, Ranged Weapon Specialization, Sniper Training|
|Requirements||Requires ranged weapon|
- One shot. One kill.
Aimed Shot is an instant shot available to Marksmanship hunters that deals ranged damage plus X and reduces healing done to that target by 50% for 10 seconds. It shares a cooldown with Multi-Shot and the two deal the same damage (per target) before talents are taken into consideration. When fully talented, Aimed Shot will deal more damage against a single target and cost significantly less mana. Against a single target, it is the second highest damage shot available to Marksmanship hunters, after Chimera Shot.
- Hawk Eye increases the range by 6 yards.
- Focused Aim increases the chance to hit by 3%.
- Lethal Shots increases the critical strike chance by 5%. Master Marksman increases the chance by another 5%. Improved Barrage increases critical strike chance by another 12%.
- Mortal Shots increases the critical strike damage bonus by 30%. Marked for Death increases the critical strike damage bonus by a further 10%. Piercing Shots causes the target to bleed for 30% of the critical strike damage.
- Efficiency reduces the mana cost by 15%. Master Marksman reduces the mana cost by another 25%.
- Ranged Weapon Specialization increases the damage done by 5%. Barrage increases damage by another 12%.
- Sniper Training increases the damage done by 6% if you stand still for 6 seconds.
Glyph of Aimed Shot Glyph of Trueshot Aura
- The healing reduction does not stack with other healing reduction effects like Mortal Strike.
Tips and tactics
- When fighting against more than one target, Multi-Shot should be used instead of Aimed Shot as the two share a cooldown and Multi-Shot can hit more than one target.
- Hotfix (2011-02-22): ""Aimed Shot damage has been decreased to approximately 160% weapon damage (at level 80+), down from 200%.""
- Template:Patch 3.0.2
- Template:Patch 2.3.0
- Template:Patch 2.0.6
- Patch 1.10.0 (patch date:2006-03-28): This ability now has its attack power normalized the same as melee instant attacks. This means that the attack power contribution from all ranged weapons will be the same, no matter what their speed. All weapons will contribute attack power as if they were 2.8 speed. Weapons slower than 2.8 speed will do slightly less damage than previously; weapons faster than 2.8 speed will do slightly more damage.
- Patch 1.7.0 (patch date:2005-09-22):
- Fixed tooltip to correctly display shot time.
- Fixed bug where Aimed Shot wouldn't cancel properly when the target moves out of range.
- Patch 1.5.0 (patch date:2005-06-07): Special ability shots no longer add the ranged weapon speed or take into account ranged weapon haste when determining the actual cooldown. The tooltip and cooldown timers should now properly reflect the actual cooldown.