An ability is an effect (power, skill, or spell). Some examples of abilities are professions, or a hunter's Aimed Shot, a warrior's Mortal Strike, and a rogue's 50% healing reduction debuff due to 5 stacked charges of Wound Poison. Many effects generated by talents are abilities.
- Examples of abilities
Q & A
- Q: What is the difference between an ability and a spell?
- A: A spell has an effect that falls in a school of magic.
- Q: What is the difference between an ability and a power?
- A: Powers tend not to result from professions or skills.
- Q: Do mobs have abilities or powers?
- A: Either, but most magical effects by mobs tend to fall into the powers category.
- Q: Do items have abilities or powers?
- A: Either, but most magical effects by items tend to fall into the powers category.